Our statutory consultation closed on Sunday 4 June 2023. We will now consider all the feedback we received, alongside carrying out further technical, engineering and environmental work.
This is all with the aim of preparing our DCO application for submission to the Planning Inspectorate and Secretary of State for the Department of Energy Security and Net Zero. We expect to submit our application in 2024.
Our application will include:
- An Environmental Statement setting out the environmental considerations for the project and how we propose to minimise potential impacts.
- A Consultation Report summarising responses to this consultation and an explanation of how we have taken those views into account.
The Planning Inspectorate will examine our proposals and prepare a report for the Secretary of State for the Department of Energy Security and Net Zero. The Secretary of State will then make the final decision on our application, which we expect before the end of 2025.
If our application is successful, we expect to begin construction in 2026/2027. We anticipate the Morgan Offshore Wind Project to be operational by 2030.
There will be further opportunities for people to have their say on our proposals post application via a process led by the Planning Inspectorate. You can find out more about this process by visiting National Infrastructure Planning.
Indicative timeline (as of publication 2023)
- Statutory consultation on Morgan offshore wind farm
- Applications submitted for a development consent order (DCO)
- Earliest anticipated commencement of construction
- Expected start – Commercial Operations Dates (CODs)