Our consultation is now closed. We will now consider all feedback we have received alongside carrying out further technical, engineering and environmental work.
We will then prepare our DCO application for the Project for submission to the Planning Inspectorate and Secretary of State for the Department of Energy Security and Net Zero. We expect to submit our application for development consent in 2024.
Our application will include:
- A Consultation Report which will set out consultations undertaken for the Project, and a summary of consultation responses received.
- An Environmental Statement setting out an assessment of the impacts likely to give risk to significant environmental effects and the proposed mitigation.
- A draft Development Consent Order.
The Planning Inspectorate will examine our proposals and prepare a report for the Secretary of State for the Department of Energy Security and Net Zero. The Secretary of State will then make the final decision on our application, which we expect to receive before the end of 2025.
The Morgan Offshore Wind Project Generation Assets and the Morecambe Offshore Windfarm Generation Assets are each considered to be NSIPs in their own right and will be the subject of separate applications for development consent.
If our applications are successful, we expect to begin construction in 2026/2027.
We anticipate both the Morgan Offshore Wind Project and the Morecambe Offshore Windfarm to be operational in 2028/29 at the earliest.
There will be further opportunities for people to have their say on our proposals post-application via a process led by the Planning Inspectorate. You can find out more about this process and register to receive direct updates by visiting infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/application/process.
Indicative timeline (as of publication 2023)
- Spring 2023 - Second stage of consultation (non-statutory)
- October - November 2023 - Third stage of consultation (statutory)
- Q2/Q3 2024 - Applications submitted for Development Consent Order (DCO) and other licences
- Expected decision on the DCO by the Secretary of State
- Expected Final Investment Decision
- Start of construction
- Expected start – Commercial Operations Date