Our consultation closed at midnight on the 4 June 2023.
Now that the consultation has closed, we’ll carefully consider all the responses received as we develop our proposals further. We will also continue developing the environmental impact assessments and design work to refine our proposals ahead of a statutory consultation later in 2023.
Comments we receive from future consultations will also be used to further refine and develop our proposals.
All the comments we receive during these consultations will be reviewed so the subjects raised – and our responses – can be included in our Consultation Report.
The report will form part of the applications for development consent. Applications for development consent are submitted to, and examined by, the Planning Inspectorate and decisions are made by the relevant Secretary of State, in this case the Secretary of State for Energy Security and Net Zero. We expect to submit our application in 2024.
Indicative timeline (as of publication 2023)
- Spring 2023 - Second stage of consultation (non-statutory)
- Later in 2023 - Third stage of consultation (statutory)
- Q2/Q3 2024 - Applications submitted for Development Consent Order (DCO) and other licences
- Expected decision on the DCO by the Secretary of State
- Expected Final Investment Decision (FID)
- Start of construction
- Expected start – Commercial Operations Dates (COD)